Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Vintage: A Romance Novel from the 1930s!

I was in an old bookshop quite some time ago and saw this old, worn-out book from the 1930s. I didn't know what it was about, but I figured it must have some romance and comedy in it, based on the title. True enough, it's a loving, laughing book about a spoiled heiress in the 1930s and her love-hate relationship with the young heir of a rival family. I know it sounds like your typical romcom formula, but it's much more than that. It's about old Scottish feuds, rival mining companies, and a twisted love triangle. And it's all so very heartwarming and funny.



Too bad they don't make books like this anymore. It's usually full of smut now. I tried to find more information about the book and its author, but there's absolutely no info on them. Imagine how many wonderful stories we are missing out on, simply because there aren't any copies left. I'm lucky I stumbled on this one- it's a precious gem!

0 comments: