Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Going Bronze? The BodyShop Honey Bronze Shimmering Oil & Sue Devitt Eyeshadow

Sometimes I'm so pale, it's hopeless. There's nothing I'd like more than a nice, golden tan that will stay forever. Since I'm too lazy to do any fake baking, I just use a bit of bronzer. After all, a little bit goes a long way and I certainly don't want to look like Snooki... you know, that orange blob from Jersey Shore?

So when The Body Shop came out with their Honey Bronze line, I couldn't resist it.It's a great line and I've got a trillion things to say about it, but for now I'll just write about their Shimmering Dry Oil and throw in a little bit of Sue Devitt into the mix!


Sue Devitt baked bronzing eyeshadow trio and The Body Shop's Shimmering Dry Oil


Gives off a nice semi-bronze sheen



So The BodyShop's Shimmering Dry Oil isn't meant to turn you into J.Lo upon application- instead, it enhances whatever bit of tan you have. It also dries up easily and doesn't seem to stick to my clothing. For not-so-tanned girls like me, it gives off a nice, subtle sheen that makes my skin glow. It does bronze you up a bit, but for tanorexics it's probably not enough. The only really bad thing I can think about this is it smells like... I dunno, medicine or something. Icky. Here's a swatch:


As for Sue Devitt's baked bronze eyeshadow, it looks pretty good. Yes it isn't as shimmery as I expected it to be (that's not shimmery enough for me!), but then I've got so many heavily pigmented, headache-inducing eyeshadows it's almost sickening. So a little less glitter every now and then is fine.


Update: 11/17/2011. This has got to be my favorite eyeshadow trio of all time. The colors are just amazing. It really makes my eyes pop out and it's very flattering to my Asian skin. I loves it hard. I'll die without it.

0 comments: