Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Friday, May 27, 2011

My lip balm is vegan.

Okay I am so not a hippie, but I confess to having tried out the boho-chic look years ago when Nicole Richie and Cocaine Kate made it trendy. And I'm not into the vegan lifestyle but I do like some of their underrated products, like TheBalm's The Balm to the Rescue lip treatment. It has no parabens or other harmful chemicals; instead it contains jojoba oil and shea butter to condition your lips, as well as tiny exfoliants to keep those puckers smooth and soft. It also comes in a large compact case and has a generous amount of product. On top of all that it smells like Christmas! I've been using this product for almost two years now and it lives up to its description.




Net proceeds are donated to Pug Rescue, an organization that helps rescue groups locate dogs in danger of being euthanized or are currently suffering from abuse. If money were no object I'd probably buy a truckload of TheBalm's vegan lip balm just to show my support. I've got a lovable pug at home so I am all for animal-rescue!

0 comments: