Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Get This Look: Smokey Eyes, Nude Lips

So I've been going nuts over MAC's mineralize eyeshadows, and decided to create a sultry look showcasing "Gilt By Association." Check it.

More after the jump!
Here's what I used for this look:

After exfoliating my face, I used Dior's Capture Totale Make-Up Base to prep my face for make-up. Capture Totale has subtle gold shimmer that gives your face natural-looking radiance. It dries fast and doesn't feel sticky.

Next I dabbed a bit of MAC's Studio Sculpt concealer under my eyes to mask the effects of insomnia. HAH.

To keep things light, I skipped out on using foundation and opted for MAC's Pro Longwear liquid concealer. I applied a thin layer on my cheeks, forehead, chin, and nose to highlight those areas. Then I used MAC's Studio Finish powder to set my makeup.

For my eyes, I used MAC's "Gilt By Association" mineralize eyeshadow. Swirled together it comes off more black than gold, so I didn't feel the need to apply another color. The only other things I used on my eyes were TheBalm's Jealous Jordana eyeshadow (as eyeliner) and MAC's False Lashes Mascara. 

For my cheeks, I used MAC's "Love Thing" mineralize blush to give my cheeks a rosy glow. I also used  The Body Shop's shimmer bronzer to give my face a sun-kissed look.

Then finally, for my lips, I decided use nude shades to keep the focus of my look on my eyes. The lipstick I used here is from L'Oreal's Aishwarya Rai line. Then I topped it off with MAC's Demure Dazzleglass Creme gloss. 

Here's the finished look:


0 comments: