Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Prince Albert of Monaco gets hitched!

Okay, the new Princess of Monaco is no Grace Kelly, and she's not as exciting as Kate, but she'll do. After all, who can compare to America's late princess?


Here's a classic picture of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace...


...and here's their son Prince Albert and his new bride, Princess Charlene, looking all wooden. I know they're trying to recapture some of that faded fairytale magic, but wow, that kiss is just... so not working.


Oh wow. The passion. Is overwhelming.


I know this sounds like a bitchfest, but I can't help but compare the two princesses- and root for Grace! I'm a huge Grace Kelly fan and my obsession with The Swan is downright embarrassing. It's not even a great movie- the character development is almost non-existent and the plot moves at a very slow pace. But somehow Grace Kelly manages to shine and sparkle and glitter in this film, and because of that I find myself watching The Swan every now and then. She's that magical.

So whenever I hear people say, "Oh Princess Charlene is just like Grace Kelly", I totally freak out. But hey, she's a newly minted royal, I'm sure she'll grow into it someday... that is, if she doesn't try to flee from her husband again...

Congratulations to the happy couple!

0 comments: