Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

An amazing pro-Israel speech by George W. Bush

This is why I love George W. Bush. He understands Christianity and freedom. Brought tears to my eyes.
"As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, would America have declared, 'Lord if only I could have talked to Hitler, all this might have been avoided'... We have an obligation to call this what it is- the false comfort of appeasement which has been repeatedly discredited by history."
I believe that freedom is a universal human right. My late grandfather used to talk a lot about this; in fact, as a kid he fought alongside American troops to free the Philippines from Japanese imperialism. He came out in support of the Iraq war because he himself knew what it was like to live under tyranny. Here's a snippet from an article he wrote for Time back in 2003, in support of the Iraq War:
In the Western classic film High Noon, citizens of a frontier town don't know what to do when they hear that a dreaded gang of bandits is riding in. At first they are in denial, fervently hoping the desperadoes won't sack their homes and businesses. In the end, they flee, leaving only the sheriff Will Kane, played by Gary Cooper, to face the approaching evil. Many people will disagree with me, but I liken George W. Bush to Will Kane. While other leaders are confused and undecided about the terrorist threat that Iraq poses to the world, President Bush is clear and focused. On Iraq, he is the brave sheriff...

During World War II, the U.S. rescued Europe from Nazi tyranny and Asia from Japanese imperialism. As a then member of the Philippine guerrilla resistance against Japan, I was proud to count Americans as my comrades-in-arms. We fought together in a common cause, and I witnessed many of them dying for my country. I will never forget that...
I know that Israel is more than capable of defending itself, but the country is also surrounded by so much hostility. I just can't understand why so many people are now calling for Israel to be abandoned in favor of Palestine. (Just argued with a Paulbot.) Now if Israel needs some foreign aid to help build missile defense systems to protect itself from a-holes like Iran, it should be given to them. They are that one bright spot of democracy in that region, and the country itself means so much to Jews and Christians. Imagine if Israel were abandoned, and taken down by Iran. It's a scary thought.

3 comments:

lastsamurai57 said...

Saw your article with your cousin. Hope your dad is doing well. Happy belated birthday also, hope your wishes come thru this year and have the best one yet! Aloha. Take care.

Sweetface24 said...

THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

Holy fuck are you ignorant