Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Skincare: Acne Busters!




I've never really had a problem with break outs... up until a few weeks ago thanks to a hormonal imbalance (or whatchamacallit). I rushed to my dermatologist, got pricked, injected, and peeled; then I was subjected to a four week acne-busting program which included more pricking, injecting and peeling. She also recommended these two amazing products- Glycolix pads and Avene's Diacneal cream -which have greatly helped in clearing my skin. So now I've thrown away my Mario Badescu cleanser and toner for Glycolix and Avene. Basically, this is my skincare regimen: For both morning and night, I use Avene's soap-free gel cleanser, followed by a Glycolix pad (which contains 2% salicylic acid and 2% glycolic acid), then Avene's Diacneal cream, and finally a water-based moisturizer. I haven't had a break out in a while, which makes me a very happy girl.



Just a suggestion: You might want to consult your dermatologist before using new skincare products. She/He can really help in figuring out what's best for your skin. What works for me might not work for you. And don't ever forget to moisturize! I remember skipping on that two days ago out of sheer laziness, and I woke up feeling all dry and miserable!

0 comments: