Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Saturday, July 16, 2011

QVC Cancels Hanoi Jane

It's too bad Jane Fonda is so left-wing, because I really liked her in the movie Monster in Law! Yes, I'm serious. That movie totally rocked, even though it was a romantic comedy for semi-old people. I haven't seen her in anything else since then, and I doubt she'll be in anything any time soon. Even QVC canceled her Saturday gig. Rightly so. What Hanoi Jane did to Vietnam Veterans forty years ago was, is, and always will be reprehensible. It's just not cool to hang out on an anti-US aircraft gun with enemy fighters whose hands are steeped with the blood of your countrymen. Her actions became enemy propaganda, and surely demoralized the troops who were fighting and dying to beat back communism. If she had wanted to protest the Vietnam War, fine, she had the freedom to do so. But betray your fellow Americans? Seriously? No wonder a lot of folks still can't stand her, and it's been forty years!

"Bottom line, this has gone on far too long, this spreading of lies about me!" Fonda wrote at TheWrap.com. "... I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us."

What a... Is she seriously this clueless?

0 comments: