Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

MAKE-UP: STILL SEARCHING for The Perfect Foundation

I raved about L'Oreal's True Match line, but that doesn't mean I've shut my mind off to other brands. As wonderful as True Match is, I've come to the conclusion that it's just not perfect. After a while, L'Oreal's mineral powder foundation actually started to sting, so I had to let that one go. It was the one product that started my obsession with mineral make-up, it had good coverage you can build on, it made concealers unnecessary and it was inexpensive to boot. But a couple of days ago, I somehow became allergic to it and had to let it go. I switched back to using plain ol' pressed powder from The Face Shop- their oil-control powder from the Phytogenic line -and my skin felt okay again. Anyway I am going to go foundation-hunting when I'm done with my bottle of True Match liquid foundation. I am leaning towards powder foundations now, because they're just so much easier to use and I wouldn't need anything else. Maybe just a dab of concealer and that's it.

  


I'm keeping an eye out on Chanel Vitalumiere Creme Compact Satin Smoothing Creme Compact Foundation SPF 15, which scored an impressive 9 out of 10 from TotalBeauty reviews, as well as Chanel Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Makeup SPF 15, which is actually foundation in liquid form but what the hell, Penelope Cruz uses it! Both products are quite expensive but if it's worth the investment, then I'll go for it.

My other options are: Double Wear Light Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF 10, which claims to be humidity-resistant and oil-controlling, as well as light, photo-friendly and non-acnegenic! It sounds too good to be true! It's like a sheer-to-medium-coverage, oil-free, dermatologist-tested high definition foundation all in one! It has a natural finish, too, though I tend to lean towards the dewy look. There is also the Country Mist Liquid Make-up from Estee Lauder, and it's said to be moisturizing and ideal for women with dry skin. Well I've got an oily t-zone so I think I'll pass, but I do so want that "moist, dewy finish" they claim to have! I think I'll end up getting the Double Wear Light Stay-in-Place foundation and the double matte oil-control pressed powder. But then that kind of beats the purpose of my wanting a new foundation product. Maybe I should just get THIS! Ah well, I'll write back on this when I've found my one true love- and that should be in a week.

Uhm, anyone understand Japanese?

0 comments: