Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Make-up: L'oreal True Match Mineral Powder

Everyone's so into mineral make-up these days and I can see why. I got sucked into the craze when L'oreal held a sale on some of its products, including their True Match Mineral Powder. All I can say is I'm glad I bought it even though it's not 100% awesome.


It gives good coverage if you apply it correctly (circular motion, baby) and it stays on for most of the day. I must admit though, when I first tried the product, it made my skin look cakey (my skin can get pretty oily), but I solved that oh-so hideous problem by applying mineral primer before dabbing on some powder. The only problem I have left with this is the brush. The size is perfect but it feels hard and rough on the skin. That's why I choose to use my Chanel blending brush instead. Laura Mercier also has a nice mineral primer brush made of goat hair.

I haven't tried L'oreal's mineral blush line, but I purchased one from Revlon and all I can say is... it kind of sucks. It's messy to put on and the brush that comes with it is worthless. The color range is disappointing and it doesn't stay on forever. Another reason why I'm not a huge Revlon fan.

0 comments: