Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

FASHION: SPOIL YOUR KIDS! // VIDEO: The iconic Chanel commercial.

Vanessa Paradis swinging in a birdcage



Anyway, I went to the mall today and bought a few books. Dorky, I know, but I feel like being a bookworm right now. For a while I was obsessed with tsarist Russia, the Romanov Era in particular, so I read a few books on Peter the Great (I recommend Robert K. Massie's book!)and the tragedy of Nicholas II and his family; as well as on the murder of Rasputin at the hands of Felix Yussupov and Grand Duke Dmitri Pavlovich, and the little-known heroism of a little-known Romanov poet named Prince Vladimir Paley. I even downloaded Voltaire's History of Charles XII, King of Sweden after learning about the young king's role in making Peter the Great miserable. Face it, his almost comical damn-it-to-hell attitude makes him more interesting than the tsar himself. From there I became interested in Stalin and his gulags, and wasted no time purchasing the abridged version of The Gulag Archipelago. Crazy, crazy stuff. (Boring too!)
I'm not that interested in Russia anymore, especially now that Vladimir Putin's annoying face is everywhere. I couldn't find a chick-lit book today that interested me, so instead, I chose these: Absolutely American: Four Years at West Point, The Gift of Valor, and Mozart's Women. I believe I'll start with Absolutely American! I'm twice the airhead when it comes to military culture (I'm not a military buff so when I read some blogs out there I totally get lost!) and I think it's important to learn more about this very important institution. I'm sure it'll be a lot more interesting than Goodbye, Jimmy Choo! Gosh! That book really bored me to death.

***

SPOIL YOUR KIDS!!!
Also check out Posh Tots


From Tot Snob: If your little princess sleeps in her big girl bed, allow her to search for the pea in this Fantasy Coach starting at $47,000 (makes the crib seem like a bargain). Shelling out this chunk of change entitles you to a bed handcrafted in England that takes six months to complete. Since the interior is oval, linens and interior finish out options are priced upon request.

And omg, check out the Fattamano jacket! It's soooo adorable!!!!!

0 comments: