Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Purpose Driven Life

I discovered my old copy of Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life. My friend gave it to me eons ago but I never bothered to read it. Now that I am, I'm actually enjoying it, even if some of the chapters make me feel a little uncomfortable. Let's see if I become less self-centered and more purpose-driven in forty days! I doubt it, but I will definitely take some of the book's advice.

Here is one of my favorite statements from the book:
God didn't give you your abilities for selfish purposes. They were given to benefit others, just as others were given abilities for your benefit.

I will try to keep that in mind. And I think I'll start reading the Bible again... Gosh, maybe I've been watching too much TCT tv!

Spiritual Warfare
Pretty fly for a Rabbi!

0 comments: