Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Jeering another General, folks?


General Peter Pace is under fire again for expressing his opinions on the subject of homosexuality. I applaud him for his honesty and it's a shame a bunch of bitter old hags are trying to make his life miserable before his retirement. I was raised by loving parents who made sure I knew right from wrong; Homosexual acts are wrong... are they not? I attended a private Catholic school for girls and was taught to believe that homosexual acts are against God's Law.
I have a lot of respect for homosexuals who have achieved many great things- especially in the field of literature. Oh, and fashion! But what they do behind closed doors is a different matter, and I just don't believe it's right. But hey, that's just me.
I guess I'm just a little angry because people with "liberal" minds tend to impose their views on those who don't agree with them. And yet they are the ones who constantly complain about the lack of freedom in society. When others disagree with their opinions, most liberal-minded people will cry foul and think that there's some kind of great conspiracy lurking in the shadows. Not all liberal folks are that way, of course, but very many are. Change doesn't necessarily mean it's right, in fact, cultural values should be preserved because it helps us make moral decisions.
I am aware, however, that what I deem to be right may be complete bullsh*t to others. But if someone's going to ask me for an honest opinion, I do hope I won't get knocked down for it... And I hope people will not think of General Pace as a hateful, cruel man, because he has done nothing but state his beliefs (when asked) and serve his country (Vietnam and beyond!). He has risked his life so many times in war, led young heroes back home to their mothers, and helped liberate millions of people from tyrannical rule. Instead, anti-war protesters jeered him a week before his retirement, all because some douche asked him what's up with the homosexual-acts-are-immoral thing, and he gave them an honest answer.

Duh?

0 comments: