Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Baqubah, handbags and Nicole Richie!

Update: Well I saw a short clip of Defense Secretary Robert Gates' emotional speech (during a Marine Corps Dinner) which aired on CNN yesterday. He was close to tears as he talked about a fallen hero named Major Douglas A. Zembiec, known as The Lion of Fallujah... Please read his story and know that true and noble warriors, like Major Zembiec himself, still walk amongst us today.

Another great post from Michael Yon! It seems that Baqubah is now starting to heal from the wounds of war, but there is still some (or little!) combat happening in the city...

Jawaharial Nehru:

A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, when an age ends, and when the sound of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance.


Here is an excerpt from Michael Yon's latest dispatch:


"....Seeing “God is Great” written on the Iraqi flag might provoke some to protest “Why did we come here just to stand up a country who would write such things on their flag?” But I sat there in that meeting, which was completely civil and professional, and I thought about another flag, the one flying over South Carolina. Some people call that flag ”heritage,” while others call it “hateful,” “painful” and “demeaning.” And today in that meeting, I thought about the descendents of slaves who are now top military commanders in the American Army, and in that moment I knew that Iraq could make it."


A great beginning, indeed! Now moving on, I spotted several delicious handbags from Chinese Laundry, Tokidoki (LeSportsac), and Babyphat. So droooooooool.


From Babyphat


Tokidoki Bocce Spiaggia mini-handbag

Also, I want Nicole Richie's clothes! (The ones she wore on her Marie Claire photoshoot!)


Nicole Richie!

 


Source!

Did you know that Kate Middleton and Prince William are back together? I still think she looks like a hag! Anyway she hardly dresses like a future Queen, and I remember I kind of tried to "update" one of her photos with a better look:




I already made an old post about this. I still can't stand the ridiculous skirt she is wearing on that photo, and those brown boots of hers are ghastly. Ugh, I wish Prince William would marry me instead! (Yes, I'm jealous!)

0 comments: